VACANCY: Fundraising Manager
Advert: Fundraising Manager
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Salary – Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under five themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
• History and Heritage
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are seeking to recruit a new role of Fundraising Manager. The successful applicant will be a positive, results driven person who is proactive in chasing external funding and with experience in successful fundraising. You will have superb communications and public relations skills, helping to promote awareness of the foundation and increasing the reach of the charity in to the community. This role will be based at Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across the county.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your C.V, with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role to, email@example.com or Will Saville, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
Deadline for applications is 12pm on Monday 14th November 2016.
Interviews will take place, week commencing Monday 21st November 2016 at Headingley Cricket Ground.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Job Description – Fundraising Manager
Reporting to: Foundation Manager
Staff reporting: Fundraising executive, Volunteers
Based: Headingley Cricket Ground
Contract: Full time
To lead with the development and implementation of The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s fundraising activities, securing short and long term restricted and unrestricted funds.
To contribute to building Yorkshire Cricket as the Champion of our communities
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
• Recruit members to the YCF Century Club, an initiative to engage with 100 small businesses across Yorkshire who will commit funds to the YCF annually
• Recruit members to Friends of the Foundation
• Engage local people to take on challenges raising money for Yorkshire Cricket Foundation such as races, cycling challenges etc
• Engage businesses in corporate challenges
• Lead on the development and recruitment of new members to the Yorkshire Cricket Lottery scheme
• Match Day fundraising working with the current charity partner to engage with the Yorkshire Cricket public
Trusts and Grant-Making Bodies
• Build on relationships with existing trust supporters, writing reports to meet deadlines
• Manage and lead the identification of trusts and foundations that have not previously supported the work of The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, building a list of key prospects
• Develop core generic trust proposals for each programme that requires funding
• Write tailored applications, addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified by individual trusts and foundations
• Actively promote the legacies scheme to Yorkshire Cricket members and the general public highlighting the ways they can donate and have an impact on Yorkshire Cricket
• Deal with enquiries for the legacies scheme
• Manage corporate partnerships, suggesting a number of ways to build on these relationships, maximising engagement with employees at all levels.
• Identify corporate prospects, key contacts and what the aims of their CSR programme are.
• Promote and market Yorkshire Cricket Foundation events and sponsored challenges to corporate employees
• Develop standard corporate contracts
• Develop an annual fundraising plan
• Develop marketing strategy to support the fundraising plan
• Plan budgets, conducting research into income and expenditure
• Source funding/sponsorship to cover costs of events should it be required
• Ensure all fundraising and event activities comply with legal requirements
• Contribute to the production of the Annual Review and newsletter, including writing copy
• Ensure the website fundraising and communications information is up to date
• Collate case studies, photographs and information from projects/events
• Promote activities via social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
• Advertise and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of running events and fundraising
• Carry out volunteer inductions
• Manage and supervise volunteers
Experience, Skills and Competencies
• Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and creative bids
• Experience of fundraising and a strong understanding of different ways to do this
• Demonstrable knowledge of UK Trusts and Foundations and Corporate giving in general and with a development focus in particular
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet fundraising objectives
• Strong interest in sport and understanding of the benefits it can bring
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with potential donors and supporters
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
• Ability to understand and generate budgets
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
• Ability and willingness to travel for work
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required