Marketing and Fundraising Events Assistant – Voluntary
Marketing and Fundraising Events Assistant – Voluntary Position
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF)
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation as Volunteer Marketing and Fundraising Events Assistant.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are the community and charitable arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. As part of our 2020 strategy, the YCF aims to be the charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities and to be a widely recognizable brand, with extensive engagement across Yorkshire on all of our media and marketing channels. To achieve this, the YCF have invested time conceptualizing and developing their brand, which now needs to reach out to and be promoted in Yorkshire wider communities.
The successful applicant will be hired on a voluntary basis by The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation but will work under the Yorkshire Cricket banner which also includes Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
Knowledge and experience of cricket is not essential, however a willingness to understand the departments within the club is necessary.
The post is based at Emerald Headingley Stadium and requires one day a week in the office. During busier periods, this will increase with the inclusion of certain match days across the cricket season.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the role description please contact Charlotte Jones on: 0113 2033664 or email: Charlotte.Jones@yorkshireccc.com
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or F.A.O Beth Cook, Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, LS6 3BU
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st February 2018, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 5th March 2018. We are looking to make an appointment for the new post holder to join the organisation in March 2018.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Role Description – Marketing and Fundraising Events Assistant
Reporting to: Marketing and PR Officer
Staff reporting: Volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Stadium
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
To research, plan, develop and deliver a range of events that are related to marketing and fundraising and assist with specific marketing and fundraising campaigns
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
Key Areas of Work
• Develop an events programme for the YCF’s marketing and fundraising functions
• Research current event programme that the YCF could be involved with
• Work with Marketing and PR officer to develop marketing campaigns
• Aid in YCF’s objectives to promote engagement and understanding of our work
• Develop new and innovative ways to data capture and increase the number of YCF supports, through both digital means as well as donors and fundraisers
• Support YCF’s growing PR function by assisting with PR students/events
• Support the YCF on matches and improving the YCF stall as marketing function
• Assist with photographing and videoing key events to aid promotional materials
• Plan communications for all digital channels including the YCF website and social media
• Assist in writing engaging content for press releases and article
• Work closely with Marketing and PR Officer and Fundraising Manager to plan, develop and evaluate events and campaigns
Experience, Skills and Competencies (E= Essential, D = Desirable)
• Personable communication skills E
• Knowledge of the events industry and current trends D
• Interest in charity work and fundraising E
• Creative mindset and willingness to work on new and innovative ideas towards marketing and fundraising E
• Experience of working with a diverse range of people D
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s E
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet) E
• Meticulous attention to detail E
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision E
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure E
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes E
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required E