VACANCY: VOLUNTEER MANAGER
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Volunteer Manager – with the role sitting within our Health & Wellbeing theme.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working in volunteer management and/or volunteer administration. They will have superb communication skills, be excellent organisers and have a clear understanding of the benefits of volunteering in sport.
Find out more about our Volunteer programme here.
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• An understanding of the key principles of Volunteer Management.
• Management experience.
• Must be a confident communicator with the ability to communicate with people in written word and verbally.
• Passionate about the benefits of volunteering, not only to the sport industry, but to the individuals, understanding the wellbeing advantages of volunteering.
• To have a good understanding of the local community and voluntary organisations that work within them.
• A commitment to supporting adults and the principles of equality and diversity.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to problem solve and create solutions on the spot.
• Excellent, proven organisational skills with the ability to organise people and procedures.
• Previous experience of managing volunteers
• An understanding of volunteers and the law
• Knowledge of adhering to GDPR
• A full driving license and access to a car
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Beth Cook, the YCF Health & Wellbeing Manager, on E:
To apply please click the link below where you will find the full job description, and submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role, alongside a CV, to:
or post to Beth Cook on Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th March, 2022, at 5pm.
Interviews will take place, week commencing 4th April at Headingley Cricket Ground.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com