JOB OPPORTUNITY: Project Officer
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Salary – Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under five themes which are
• Health & Wellbeing
• History and Heritage
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are seeking to recruit the role of Project Officer. The successful applicant will lead on a number of exciting projects, helping to promote awareness of the foundation and increasing the reach of the charity in to the community, This new role will be based at Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across the county.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your C.V with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are suited to the role to email@example.com or Will Saville, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 21st December
Interviews will take place, week commencing Monday 4th January at Headingley Cricket Ground
JOB TITLE PROJECT OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE TO PROJECT MANAGER
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB To lead on and deliver the Older People Engagement Project in the most professional manner
To communicate and promote awareness of The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation such that funding can be raised through both public and private sectors.
To contribute to building Yorkshire Cricket as the Champion of our communities
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
• Delivering Older People Engagement Project – A funded project through the Leeds Community Foundation, working alongside all departments of Yorkshire Cricket, Sporting Memories Network and the Local Authority.
• Instigate new initiatives and activities as well as delivering existing projects under our five themes: Health & Well Being, Education, Participation, Inclusion and History & Heritage – through working with our key partners and existing Yorkshire Cricket Foundation Staff, ensuring projects are well planned, budgeted and clearly aligned with the charity’s priorities.
• Ensure that Marketing and Fundraising becomes an integral part of all activities ensuring all foundation activity becomes sustainable and well publicised.
• Develop and maintain professional and motivated volunteers and team members who are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to the Foundation and its objectives
• Assist in Developing Community initiatives that will contribute to maintaining and enhancing Headingley as a key venue for Ashes and other international cricket ensuring full H & S and legal regulation compliance
• Assist in Fostering close relationships with Yorkshire’s cricket and other sporting clubs connecting people to Yorkshire Cricket, increasing self belief and feeling proud of Yorkshire
• Pro-actively look for ways to enhance your area of responsibility
HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK You are expected to maintain Health & Safety of the working environment both in a Personal and a Supervisory capacity Ensuring all Risk Assessments are reviewed and updated as appropriate.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline all duties and responsibilities of
this post, a document such as this does not allow for every item to be specified in detail. Broad headings therefore have been used but all the usually associated tasks and routines are naturally included in this job description. Standards of competence for this post may be set at some future date.
You should not refuse to undertake work which is not specified in this Description but you may wish to document it for any future Job Review.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills:
• Educated to degree level or 5 years’ of relevant experience
• Experience of planning and delivering events
• Knowledge and understanding of sport and community development
• Highly motivated, self-starter, able to work on your own initiative
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with partners, sponsors and stakeholders on all levels.
• Ability to run successful fundraising events
• Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent team working skills and ability to relate to different sectors
• An interest in sport, preferably cricket and an understanding of the benefits, our work with sport can bring to young people and communities
• Flexibility in working hours and ability to attend matches and events around the county
• Self developing individual with a hunger for knowledge and further experience
• Full driving license
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com