CHSF Host Workshop at Education Day
Friday 9th June will bring together 20 schools to Headingley stadium for a unique learning experience outside of the classroom, for the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s Education Day.
There are a range of workshops to get involved in, from physical activities on the pitch to classroom based sessions.
Children’s Heart Surgery Fund (CHSF), Yorkshire Country Cricket Club’s official charity partner, will be hosting a workshop on the day.
The session will be jointly led by the Children’s Heart Surgery fund and staff from the Leeds Congenital Heart Unit (LCHU), including a specialists Cardiac Nurse, Specialist Physiotherapist in Adult and Children’s Congenital Cardiology and a Play Specialist Team Leader for Critical Care.
The activities will include:
• What is the heart and how can we keep our heart healthy
• What happens when something goes wrong
• Visiting the hospital
• What is the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
• Activities with pedometers and stethoscopes
• Bush tucker trial style game
• Free wrist bands and pens to takeaway