Volunteer Programme Coordinator – Voluntary Position
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are excited to announce a new volunteer vacancy for a Volunteer Programme Co-coordinator.
Contract: Voluntary, 8 month period
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
• History and Heritage
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation as a Volunteer Programme Coordinator on an 8month voluntary placement.
As the work of the Foundation grows, the role of volunteers has become increasingly important, with volunteers making up a large proportion of the YCF team at events across the cricket season. In 2018, we would like to professionalise our offering to volunteers and provide different opportunities throughout each department of Yorkshire Cricket.
The successful applicant will be hired on a voluntary basis by The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation but will work under the Yorkshire Cricket banner which also includes Yorkshire County Cricket Club The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
Knowledge and experience of cricket is not essential, however a willingness to understand the departments within the club is necessary.
The post is based at Emerald Headingley Stadium and requires one day a week in the office. During busier periods, this will increase with the inclusion of certain match days across the cricket season.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the role description please contact Beth Cook on: 0113 2033662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter to email@example.com or F.A.O Beth Cook, Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, LS6 3BU
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January 2018, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 12th February 2018. We are looking to make an appointment for the new post holder to join the organisation in February 2018
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Role Description – Volunteer Programme Coordinator
Reporting to: YCF Health and Wellbeing Manager
Staff reporting: Volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Stadium
Contract: Voluntary, 8month
To lead with the development and administration of the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation Volunteer Programme and engage with Yorkshire’s communities
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
Key Areas of Work:
• Coordinate the administration of all volunteer roles within the Foundation, including major match day activators, placement students and internships.
• Recruitment and retention of suitable candidates for a variety of voluntary roles within The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, The Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
• Work with members of staff within the YCF, Pro Coach, YCCC and the YCB to understand the needs of each department and how voluntary roles could be incorporated.
• To have knowledge of, and understanding of the purpose of the YCF Volunteering Programme and how this fits with national government policy.
• Research successful volunteering programmes to understand best practice.
• Develop an annual plan of how the YCF will market the Volunteer Programme and recruit volunteers.
• Working closely with the relevant departments to effectively promote Volunteer Programme.
• Contribute to the production of the Annual Review and newsletter, including writing copy
• Ensure the website and communications information related to the project is up to date
• Collate case studies, photographs and information from projects/events for use in promotional material
• Promote programme via social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
Experience, Skills and Competencies (E= Essential, D = Desirable)
• Experience of working with a diverse range of people D
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s E
• Experience facilitating focus groups D
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet) E
• Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and informative copy D
• Excellent communication and presentation skills E
• Meticulous attention to detail E
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision E
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure E
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes E
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required E