Volunteer Graphic Designer – Voluntary
Volunteer Graphic Designer – Voluntary Position
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF)
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation as a Volunteer Programme Coordinator on an 8month voluntary placement.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are the community and charitable arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. As part of our 2020 strategy, the YCF aims to be the charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities and to be a widely recognizable brand, with extensive engagement across Yorkshire on all of our media and marketing channels. To achieve this, the YCF have invested time conceptualizing and developing their brand, which now continually needs to be a key part of promoting the YCF’s work.
The successful applicant will be hired on a voluntary basis by The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation but will work under the Yorkshire Cricket banner which also includes Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
Knowledge and experience of cricket is not essential, however a willingness to understand the departments within the club is necessary.
The post is based at Emerald Headingley Stadium and requires one day a week in the office. During busier periods, this will increase with the inclusion of certain match days across the cricket season.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the role description please contact Charlotte Jones on: 0113 2033664 or email: Charlotte.Jones@yorkshireccc.com
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter to email@example.com or F.A.O Beth Cook, Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, LS6 3BU
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th March 2018, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 19th March 2018. We are looking to make an appointment for the new post holder to join the organisation in April 2018.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Role Description – Volunteer Graphic Designer
Reporting to: Marketing and PR Officer
Staff reporting: Volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Stadium
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
To plan and design engaging content for the YCF’s marketing and fundraising materials, both digital and print.
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
Key Areas of Work
• Work closely with existing Graphic Design Assistant, Marketing and PR officer and Yorkshire CCC marketing team to produce marketing materials, following Yorkshire CCC brand guidelines.
• Assist Marketing and PR officer to plan and develop key campaigns that require design work.
• Keep up to date with marketing and design trends
• Work on developing YCF’s own brand guidelines
• Design a range of materials for YCF’s marketing campaigns
• Make amends and improvements to existing and ongoing designs
• Contribute to the YCF’s social media platforms and digital channels
• Develop work for the YCF’s annual review, highlights brochure and other key prints
• Create engaging content for YCF’s quarterly newsletter
Experience, Skills and Competencies (E= Essential, D = Desirable)
• Ability to work confidently on key applications on creative cloud, such as photoshop, in-design, after effects and premiere pro E
• Creative approach to working on new design trends D
• Experience of working with a diverse range of people D
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s E
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet) E
• Excellent communication and presentation skills E
• Meticulous attention to detail E
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision E
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure E
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes E
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required E