YC College Media & Communications Officer
Yorkshire Cricket College Media and Communications Officer– Voluntary Position
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF)
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation as a Yorkshire Cricket College Media and Communications Officer.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are the community and charitable arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. As part of our 2020 strategy, the YCF aims to be the charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities and to be a widely recognizable brand, with extensive engagement across Yorkshire on all of our media and marketing channels. To achieve this, the YCF have invested time conceptualizing and developing their brand, which now needs to reach out to and be promoted in Yorkshire wider communities.
The Yorkshire Cricket College (YC College) falls under the YCF’s Education theme. The College began in September 2017 and is a two-year course, studying a BTEC Level 3 which allows students to train at Emerald Headingley Stadium.
The successful applicant will be hired on a voluntary basis by The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation but will work under the Yorkshire Cricket banner which also includes Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
The post is based at Emerald Headingley Stadium and requires one day a week in the office. During busier periods, this will increase with the inclusion of certain match days across the cricket season.
How to apply
For an informal discussion about the post or for the role description please contact Charlotte Jones on: 0113 2033664 or email: Charlotte.Jones@yorkshireccc.com
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter to email@example.com or F.A.O Beth Cook, Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, LS6 3BU
The deadline for applications is Monday 15th October 2018. We are looking to make an appointment for the new post holder to join the charity week commencing 22nd October 2018.
Role Description – Yorkshire Cricket College Media and Communications Officer
Reporting to: Marketing and PR Officer
Staff reporting: Volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Stadium
Type: Voluntary- 1 day per week
To research, plan and develop all Marketing and PR activities for the Yorkshire Cricket College.
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
Key Areas of Work
• Work with Marketing and PR officer to develop Marketing and PR campaigns for the college
• Copywriting and developing fresh new content for news articles, the website and press releases
• Update YCF Website and social media
• Assist with uploading scorecards
• Write match reports
• Develop new and innovative ways to capture data
• Assist with photographing, videoing and interviewing for the YC College
• Work with students, tutors, staff and partners to successfully market the college
Experience, Skills and Competencies (E= Essential, D = Desirable)
• Knowledge of Cricket E
• Personable communication skills E
• Knowledge of the events industry and current trends D
• Interest in charity work and fundraising E
• Creative mindset and willingness to work on new and innovative ideas towards marketing and fundraising E
• Experience of working with a diverse range of people D
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet) E
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision E
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure E
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes E
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required E