VACANCY: Participation Manager
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Contract: Full time
Salary – Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is the official charity and community arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. Using the power of cricket, the foundation runs community projects across the county, aiming to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation in the newly created role of Participation Manager. This pivotal role will take a strategic lead on the charities participation theme as well as managing a team of staff to ensure the successful delivery of all related projects and events.
This role requires the successful candidate to be able to collaborate with a wide range of partners and to be able to drive forward participation, identifying new and enterprising opportunities that support the ambitions of the charity.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter, with strong experience and proven track record of delivering a range of high quality sport & community development projects. In addition, we would like the preferred candidate to have proven managerial and administrative competencies; together with excellent communication skills.
Experience of gaining funding to support project delivery, is important in supporting the progress of the delivery team you will be responsible for.
The post is full-time, based at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground. A full, current UK driving license with access to a vehicle is required, as the role will include regular travel. The job also includes regular evening and weekend work as required.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Will Saville on: 0113 2033620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role to email@example.com or F.A.O Will Saville, Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, Carnegie Pavilion, Leeds, LS6 3DP
The closing date for applications is Monday 4th February 2019 at 5pm, with interviews scheduled for week commencing 11th February 2019.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.
Job Description – Participation Manager
Reporting to: Head of Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Staff reporting: x2 Community Development Officers and x2 Wicketz Development Officers
Based: Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground with travel required around the county
Contract: Full time
To strategically lead with the development and implementation of the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s participation theme and projects.
To use the power and brand of Yorkshire Cricket to have a positive impact on the community
Key Areas of Work
• To be accountable for driving sustained growth in the Yorkshire Cricket Foundations participation programmes across the county, achieving clearly defined outcomes.
• To lead on the strategic management of key, externally funded projects including the Diverse Communities Project in Leeds & Bradford, Wicketz in Leeds and Hull, Enjoy Cricket and Pop Up Cricket.
• To effectively manage an operational budget ensuring successful delivery against key objectives
• To seek out and secure new revenue streams which directly support the aspirations of the Foundation
• To take full responsibility and accountability for monitoring, evaluation and assessing impact of performance of all programmes, projects and events under the participation theme.
• Identify, establish, develop and maintain strategic partnerships; working jointly to create opportunities which positively contribute towards increasing participation, especially targeting underrepresented and unreached groups.
• To monitor, advise and brief the organisation on current trends in government initiatives, strategies and legislation, in relation to sport and community development and participation
• Manage, develop and motivate the staff team reporting to the role, carrying out monthly 1-2-1’s and providing strategic support.
• Develop an annual plan of activity linked to community needs, strategies and KPI’s
• Working closely with the communications team to effectively promote activity
• Plan budgets, conducting research into income and expenditure
• Support the Head of Foundation as part of the senior management team to deliver the overall plans and ambitions of the charity.
• Provide regular verbal and written feedback to the Head of Foundation to update on work progress
• Undertake any duty, task or project that may be reasonably allocated by the Head of Foundation
• To think creatively and actively seek out opportunities to raise profile and generate positive PR linking with the Marketing and PR officer, using all communication mediums available.
• Contribute to the production of the annual impact report and the regular newsletters, including writing copy
• Work closely with the Marketing & PR Officer to ensure the website and communications information related to participation is up to date
• Collate case studies, photographs and information from projects/events as required and for use in reports and promotional material
• Work closely with the Health & Wellbeing Manager to advertise and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of running projects and events
• Manage and supervise volunteers
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by the Head of Foundation.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in a sports and community development environment with an outcomes based approach to working
• Experience of contributing to development and delivery of strategies
• Experience of managing staff
• Demonstratable knowledge of local and national strategy in relation to participation
• Experience of professionally managing and supporting volunteers
• Experience of project management, monitoring and evaluation
We’d also like to see
• Experience of successfully managing externally funded projects
• Experience of developing, managing and delivering sports activities
• Experience of providing support and advice to community organisations
• Experience of writing successful funding bids
Essential Skills and Competencies
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to tailor material to a range of target audiences
• Strong budget management skills
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s
• Strong interest in sport and understanding of the benefits it can bring
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
• Ability and willingness to travel for work with access to own vehicle
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
• Strong data management skills that fully comply with GDPR legislation
• Ability to work as part of a team
We’d also like to see
• Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and informative copy
• Group facilitation and consultation skills
• Awareness of health and safety issues and the ability to risk assess activities