Active Families Officer - Part time position
Active Families Officer – Part Time Position
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation as the Active Families Officer, working on our Sport England funded project, Active Families Bradford, which aims to increase and improve the opportunities for physical activity in the Holme Wood area of Bradford.
The successful applicant will be hired on a part time basis by The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation but will work under the Yorkshire Cricket banner which also includes Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board and Pro Coach.
Knowledge and experience of cricket is not essential, however a willingness to understand the departments within the club is necessary.
The role is based predominantly in Bradford, though travel to Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s HQ in Headingley, Leeds is required.
For an informal discussion about the post or the role description please contact Beth Cook on: 0113 2033662 email@example.com
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or F.A.O Beth Cook, Emerald Headingley Stadium, St Michael’s Lane, Leeds, LS6 3BU
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th September 2019 with interviews scheduled for week commencing 23rd September 2019. We are looking to make an appointment for the new post holder to join the organisation in late September/early October 2019.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Role Description – Active Families Officer
Reporting to: Health and Wellbeing Manager
Based: Holme Wood, Bradford and Headingley, Leeds
Contract: October 2019 – May 2020
Contract type: Part-time, 24 hours per week
To research, plan, develop and deliver the Active Families Bradford project, ensuring opportunities for physical activity for families in Holme Wood, Bradford are provided by working with partners in the community.
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities.
The Project: Active Families Bradford
Soon to be in its second year of funding, the Active Families Bradford programme is improving the lives of families living in the Tong ward of Bradford, more specifically Holme Wood, by increasing opportunities for families to take part in physical activity. The programme aims to make accessing physical activity sessions easier, more fun and family orientated, as well as increasing social outcomes like community cohesion within Holme Wood.
Key Areas of work:
• To continue working with project partners to deliver physical activity sessions, including:
• Working with ‘The Swim Hub’ to collect data and develop sessions within the community and into the future
• Implement three more rounds of Cook & Move with e:merge – in different locations in Holme Wood (including Ryecroft Primary Academy)
• Continue to engage with St Christopher’s Family Centre
• Work with e:merge and Dunnett’s Fitness to establish ‘Family Fitness’ sessions
• Ensure sustainability of programmes within the community, enabling those involved with the project to continue to provide family physical activity opportunities long into the future
• To identify communities within ward who need to increase PA levels
o to work with health care providers, gate keepers, activity providers and community focused organisations and people to reach these communities
o to identify need for activities and how we implement
• To be responsible for the implementation, delivery and evaluation of project
• To report regularly on progress – including updates for YCF staff as well as evaluation reports and data submission in line with Sport England deadlines
• Plan communications for all digital channels including the YCF website and social media
• Assist in writing engaging content for press releases and article
• Work closely with Marketing and PR Officer and Junior Designer to plan, develop and evaluate events and campaigns
Experience, Skills and Competencies (E = Essential, D = Desirable)
• Personable communication skills E
• Knowledge of Holme Wood community and the challenges faced with engagement E
• Interest in charity work D
• Creative mindset and willingness to work on new and innovative ideas towards community engagement E
• Experience of working with a diverse range of people D
• Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s E
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet) E
• Meticulous attention to detail E
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision E
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure E
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes E
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required E
• Understanding of different evaluation methods D