Junior Graphic Designer
Yorkshire County Cricket Club / Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Reporting to: Adrian Mirfakhrai – Creative Manager (YCCC)
Beth Cook – Health & Wellbeing Manager (YCF)
Based: Emerald Headingley Stadium
Type: Full time
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club (YCCC) and Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF) are looking to recruit a Junior Graphic Designer to develop and deliver outstanding marketing and communications solutions throughout the Club’s communications channels through online/digital and print.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most illustrious sports clubs in the world. With over 150 years of history and an enviable record both on and off the field, Yorkshire is one of the 18 major county clubs which make up the English County game.
Yorkshire are the most successful team in English cricketing history with 34 County Championship titles. Its home, Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, is one of the major cricket venues in the country with international cricket guaranteed at the venue.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire. The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are; Education, Health & Wellbeing, Heritage and Participation.
Description of Position:
The Junior Graphic Designer will work under the guidance of the Club’s Creative Manager and Health and Wellbeing Manager from the YCF. The successful candidate will plan, analyse and create visual solutions for all Club’s brand output through a variety of print and digital channels. The ideal candidate will find the most effective way to get messages across in print and electronic media using colour, type, illustration, photography and various print with a strong understanding of layout techniques.
Working in the Club’s media and marketing department and Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, you will be responsible for the design work and other projects related to revenue generation for the Club. The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for all creative output for the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation. In addition, you will occasionally aid and assist the design needs of the Yorkshire Cricket Board.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of production processes and requirements for a variety of products.
• Working knowledge of Adobe creative software applications. In particular, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Skills to produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the Club/YCF following brand guidelines.
• Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with Club’s internal stakeholders.
• Strong project skills.
• Excellent communications and listening skills.
• Strategic and creative thinking
• Organised and high attention to detail.
• Passion for helping others achieve their goals.
• Ability to adjust on the fly and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
• Ability to juggle and execute multiple projects.
• Software proficiency: Premiere Pro, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience working in the sports industry is desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
Please send full CV with covering letter and a PDF portfolio of work to Adrian Mirfakhrai, Creative Manager, Yorkshire CCC email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday 23rd September.