Full time – Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes which are: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are seeking to recruit for the role of National Citizen Service NCS Co-ordinator. The successful applicant will involved in the planning and delivery of recruitment events, engaging with young people and their Parents/Guardians, recruitment and training of seasonal staff, management of pre-programme and on programme attrition and support the NCS Manager in the management of expenditure and budgets. This role will be based at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across the county.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your CV, with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience suit the job description and make you the best candidate for the role to, email@example.com or Nick Robinson, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Nick Robinson on: 0113 2033632 or Nick.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role to Nick.email@example.com or F.A.O Nick Robinson, Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, Carnegie Pavilion, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 6th December, 2019, with interviews scheduled on Monday 16th December.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.
Job Description – NCS Co-ordinator
Reporting to: NCS Manager
Staff reporting: Seasonal staff and volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground
Contract: Full time
Contract end date: 30 September 2022 with potential for extension until September 2024
To assist with the recruitment of young people aged between 15 and 17 to participate in the National Citizen Service and ensure they experience an exceptional NCS journey from the beginning to the end of the programme.
To use the power and brand of Yorkshire Cricket to have a positive impact and create community without boundaries.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Deliver a robust and engaging keep warm strategy to minimise pre-programme attrition
• To monitor and record on designated CRM system young person’s engagement with NCS in order to quickly identify young people at risk of not participating on programme
• To support with the recruitment of young people to the NCS programme
• Act as the main point of contact for young people who have signed up to the NCS programme, as well as their parents/guardians
• Ensure welcome and information packs all relevant NCS communications are sent to young people and their parent guardians at the appropriate times as agreed in the keep warm strategy
• Complete home visits to young people who meet the requirements of needing a home visit as set out by the EFL Trust
• Embed the Programme Quality Framework into all recruitment, engagement and delivery activities.
• To design and deliver a high quality NCS programme, ensuring it adheres to the NCS Programme Quality Framework
• To understand and manage your own performance against contractual KPIs
• To complete the NCS programme delivery timetable, ensuring submission deadlines and agreed content and timetable templates are adhered to
• To act as Wave Leader during the delivery of NCS programmes, adhering to the Wave Leader roles and responsibilities at all times when acting in this role.
• To support in the recruitment, training and supervision of seasonal delivery staff.
• To develop and maintain relationships with local voluntary organisations to support young people on Social Action Project.
• To promote and manage the extension phase of NCS to graduates post programme and develop further opportunities for them to engage, develop and be active in their community.
• Ensuring the volume of graduates engaging with NCS / wider voluntary opportunities meets the contractual benchmark as set by EFL Trust
• To understand and comply with the safeguarding of young people, staff, the NCS contract and the organisation.
• To attend regular team and organisation meetings reporting key performance achievements/areas for improvement.
• Deputise for the NCS Manager when appropriate
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager/organisation.
Essential Skills & Experience
• To have a good knowledge of the NCS programme and its outcomes
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience of working with young people, particularly 15-17 year olds.
• Experience of working in education/voluntary/community settings.
• Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds, engage them in activities which support their development and relate sensitively and confidentially to the needs of young people, parents and their families.
• Ability to engage with Parent/Guardians to ensure their buy in of the NCS programme
• To have a good understanding of your local community and voluntary organisations that work within them.
• Experience and/or knowledge of secondary and higher education sector and/or local Authority programmes that support young people
• To be innovative to meet the needs and interests of graduates post programme.
• A commitment to safeguarding and health and safety .
• An ability to work to personal targets.
• A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity
• Ability to work on independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
• Confident in speaking and presenting to large audiences
• Proven planning and organisation skills.
• A clean driving licence and access to a car
• Good administrative skills.
• Experience of working of data inputting and working with a CRM system
• Knowledge of adhering to GDPR