VACANCY - Project Officer
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Salary – Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation was set up to provide cricket based education and community programmes across Yorkshire.
Working with Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Yorkshire Cricket Board, we’ve been able to make a positive difference in the community and keep Yorkshire’s rich cricketing heritage alive. The YCF also provides access to cricket for disadvantaged people.
The main objectives of the YCF are to:
• Provide and promote facilities for the playing of cricket
• Advance the education of children and young people
• Advance education of the public in the history and heritage of Yorkshire cricket
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are seeking to recruit the role of Project Officer. The role will be based at Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across the county.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your C.V with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are suited to the role to email@example.com or Will Saville, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
Deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday 12th July
Interviews will take place, week commencing Monday 22nd July at Headingley Cricket Ground
Job Description and Person Specification
Reporting to the Community Development Manager the role will involve
• Day to day administration and running of YCF projects
• Lead on the organising of ‘Children’s Day’ held at Headingley stadium in partnership with Leeds Rugby Foundation
• Lead on organising and delivering match day activity (junior teams on the outfield at the interval etc.)
• Work in partnership with YCF Ambassador to plan, organise and deliver fundraising events and initiatives
• Managing social media sites (twitter & facebook) making sure they are regularly updated
• Managing content on the YCF website, ensuring all the information is up to date and relevant.
• Assist with the promotion of the Yorkshire Cricket Museum
• Identify funding streams that the foundation can apply to
• Carry out other project work as directed by the YCF Community Development Manager
The successful applicant will hold the following skills:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Experience of planning and delivering events
• Knowledge and understanding of sport and community development
• Highly motivated, self-starter, able to work on your own initiative
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with partners, sponsors and stakeholders on all levels.
• Ability to run successful fundraising events
• Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
• Excellent IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Excellent team working skills and ability to relate to different sectors
• An interest in sport and preferably cricket and an understanding for the benefits our work with sport can bring to young people and communities
• Flexibility in working hours and ability to attend matches and events around the county
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com