VACANCY: HERITAGE MANAGER
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
We are now looking for a dynamic Heritage Manager, reporting to the Managing Director, based at Headingley Stadium but will involve travel work across the county.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working in a heritage environment and a keen interest in sport. They will have superb communications and public relations skills, helping to promote awareness of Yorkshire Cricket history and heritage and also increasing the reach of the charity in the community.
In this role you will:
• Be a dynamic heritage sector professional who can drive forward the development of the museum and heritage offer of Yorkshire Cricket.
Find out more about our Heritage programme here.
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Significant experience of working in a museum of other heritage environment.
• Developed understanding and experience of museum protocols including collections development, management, conservation and access.
• Experience of delivering public programmes, educational programmes and other similar products using heritage materials.
• Experience of community engagement.
• Understanding of, and commitment to the equity, diversity and inclusion agenda of the Foundation.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to engage with people across all sectors of the community.
• Strong interest in sport and understanding of the benefits it can bring in a heritage context.
• Experience of managing large scale projects, preferably in a heritage environment.
• Experience of planning, promoting and delivering events.
• High standard of computer literacy, familiarity with social media and other media and a commitment to using them to disseminate heritage material.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with potential donors and supporters.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure.
• Ability to understand and prepare budgets.
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes.
• Ability and willingness to travel for work.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Experience of working for and/or with charities
• Understanding of the way technology can be used to present and promote heritage
• Experience of fundraising
• Experience of writing grant bids
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Will Saville, the YCF Managing Director, on E:
To apply please click the link below where you will find the full job description, and submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role, alongside a CV, to:
Or post to Will Saville, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th March at 5pm.
Interviews are to be held on week-commencing 21st March at Headingley Cricket Ground.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.