NLHF Invitation to tender - Education Brief
Yorkshire Cricket Heritage: Reminiscence & Education – Building a Legacy Project (funded by National Lottery Heritage Fund)
The project will preserve, share and use the diverse heritage of local cricket clubs across Leeds and Bradford to benefit local communities. These clubs span urban and rural areas; all classes of society and different ethnicities. They include some of the best local examples of living history and are powerful conduits for telling the stories of their communities.
Supported by experienced delivery partners, this heritage will be:
• researched and interpreted from memorabilia and newspaper microfilm;
• recorded through oral histories;
• shared through presentations, via club websites and a bespoke heritage website, designed and built by the project;
• used for community good through activity strands in health and education;
• sustained by YCF through the in-built legacies of the activities.
The well-being and education strands build on successful activities delivered during the Foundation’s previous HLF pilot project. They will:
• address issues of dementia, depression and loneliness by delivering reminiscence sessions for older people;
• use local cricket history to inspire KS2 and KS3 children in cross-curricular classroom learning, and in school assemblies.
This project will benefit the knowledge, skills and well-being of participants; sustain the legacy and resilience of local clubs and celebrate the social heritage of their communities.
Deadline: 12th January 2020 (Project to be completed by 31st July 2020).
For the full invitation to tender document Click Here
If you have any question or queries please contact: email@example.com